This afternoon, I h
ad some time, and I decided to see what was out there on the interwebspace, and sure enough I found a super user-friendly (see 1st picture) matte design website which allowed me to design my own custom matte with openings the proper size and orientation for each of my irregular photos. I particularly liked that it gave me distance from each opening to the side of the matte so I was able to ensure the openings were centered or symmetrical (see 2nd picture). The matte itself came to about $20. I figured, it would probably
be smart to just order a custom frame at 18"x14" rather than size up to 20"x16" to get a standard-size frame from amazon or something. I chose a simple rounded metal frame for $12, the acid-free backing, and regular plexi (as opposed to non-glare plexi). The whole order with tax and shipping came to $48.Take that Michael's custom framing!
If you're interested, the site I used was framesbymail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment