
Last night, I cooked black eyed peas and rice pilaf. I'd never cooked black eyed peas before, so I figured it might be an adventure, and having recently seen My Drunk Kitchen, I decided to video record it. It needs LOTS of editing, but I think I might be able to splice together something entertaining. Also last night, I volleyed text messages with the PCC at Voss Manor in WI which is more difficult than it sounds.
At work today, my 2 undergrad assistants and I made a fort out of empty cardboard boxes, and then we sat in the fort while we labeled DMX cable.
Today after work, I went to the grocery store and then made an amazing grilled cheese with the last of my "sprouted" bread from the Farmers Market and cleaned a lot. I even discovered (and fixed!) why my kitchen table had been wobbly since I moved in. Apparently the movers didn't put the washers in the right place when they replaced the legs. Also, I tried to pull a pile of five 50' (i.e. very heavy) cam lock cables this afternoon, and I think I definitely strained (if not pulled) something in my back. So I had a shower beer in an attempt to ease the growing discomfort. At least my shoulder didn't hurt as much today.
No comments:
Post a Comment