Last weekend, I had 4 days off and finally started (and finished!) the CD organizing project I'd been meaning to do for almost 6 years.
I also have been meaning to re-burn my Summer 2004 mix CD for over a year because it's been skipping. I knew there was at least one song on that CD that has since magically disappeared from my computer, so tonight I went through all my old mix CDs (particularly those from before I gutted my iTunes in late 2008) to make sure I still had all the tracks. Unsurprisingly, there were at least 3 tracks missing from each of the 15 CDs. Several hours (a tray of nachos and a margarita) later, I had 15 new playlists with all the tracks present and accounted for--even those few which I'd been given from others and couldn't re-authorize after my computer died last year.
Then I put my playlists from the winter of 2004 thru the spring of this year into one big playlist, which I am listening to right now. It's 1.69 GB of 336 songs and lasts 21.4 hours. But every minute of it it is sweet, sweet nostalgia from my travels and work and friendships over the past 7 years of my life!
I have a feeling I'll be taking a nice long stroll down memory lane in the coming days and weeks. It'll probably tug on my heartstrings, but it'll be worth it! I have some pretty good taste in music, if I do say so myself. :) And some pretty good memories too!
No comments:
Post a Comment