Today is my day off. I haven't had the day after Labor Day off since... well probably since before I started Kindergarten. Growing up, school always started the day after Labor Day. Labor Day weekend was the last hurrah of the summer and was generally filled with lazy beach afternoons, some sort of block party/shenanigans, and perhaps a family pool party or cookout with some entertainment created and performed by the children for the parents and grandparents.
This year, I was not going back to school or work or experiencing any sort of change in geography or routine the day after Labor Day, so it didn't feel all too special or final to me that one of my shows closed for the season yesterday. It's not really closed, though. There's a private performance later this week, but officially, to the public, it's closed.
And then I had today off. In the first place, it's weird for me to have a Tuesday off. I did some laundry, paid some bills online, sent a few emails, made a phone call, watched some Neflix, rolled some yarn, and generally had a lazy day. I had intended to go visit a co-worker who's recovering from surgery but he texted this afternoon that today was not a good day, so I'll check in on him tomorrow or the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment