This week has been something else. I'm exhausted and glad it's over, but I'm also glad for it, for what I learned from it, and for what I can make of it.
It wasn't a landmark week by any stretch--neither the longest nor hardest week I've ever had (though Thursday was unexpectedly long). I learned a lot about the new company I'm working for and how they do their business. I've learned about how they communicate and I'm starting to think about how I might be able to improve upon their current methods. I've been given a lot of opportunity so far to make positive changes to previous and current out-dated practices, and I'm almost itching for the chance to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
I'm enjoying the product so far which has mostly only been music rehearsals this week. Fortunately, I love music and musicians, so I feel rather at home. I'm excited for the coming week: the full company of the big new show I'm overseeing starts Tuesday and there is a department-wide event my boss is organizing for Thursday.
I'm also enjoying the paperwork side of the new job: I'm perfectly at ease in front of a computer, so I've been reveling in Outlook, Excel, and Kronos. We'll see if that fades, but for now I have no complaints about the business of entertainment.
The landscaping crews have been out this week, gearing up for preview night and opening day, only a few short weeks away! The trains and coasters have been running. It's pretty unbelievable to see the park so empty.
No comments:
Post a Comment