I can't really remember, but I seem to recall, I used to blog a lot more about pop culture, tv, movies, music, and books. Now I feel like I blog more about my own life experience, family, friends, work. I suppose it's a natural progression. When I started this blog over 5 years ago, I had a fraction of the post-academia life experience I have now.
On that note, I would like to say a little something about the movie my landlady and her daughter are watching tonight, 2012. They just watched it on Tuesday, so I'm not sure why they need to watch it again. My basic complaint is that it's too familiar. It's Deep Impact (1998) meets The Day After Tomorrow (2004) meets Titanic (1997). Danny Glover seemed to be trying to channel Morgan Freeman from Deep Impact. It started out ok--tapping into the Maya calendar, but then it just feel back into predictability and stereotypes. Yes the effects were neat, but I need more than bright lights and shiny objects.
/rant
No comments:
Post a Comment