

I opted to pack and drive back last night to save myself one more night on the air mattress, and rewarded myself for a job well done with a Sam Summer in the shower when I arrived.
Today I ran a few necessary errands: returning an overdue library book, shipping a gift, making a deposit. I also was fortunate to visit with a friend during her layover at O'Hare for about 45 minutes this afternoon which was lovely but brief. After I returned from the airport and errands, I composed a reply to a followup email from a resume I sent last week and then started working on a song for Julie & Dennis's wedding.
I was just noticing that I'm starting to feel like myself again, which I don't think I had been since I was sick the weekend of the opera. But at the same time, I feel sort of displaced. I think part of it is due to this being my first summer in my condo in the 3 years I've owned it--with many of my colleagues traveling for their summer jobs.
No comments:
Post a Comment