So, I've never bought anything on Etsy (though I've worn the Etsy necklace I received for Christmas the past 6 days in a row), but I stand in solidarity by it and my friends who have Etsy shops.
My friend Cat, a fellow stage manager (formerly) and blogger, is the first person I knew with an Etsy shop. Cat re-uses fabrics from quilting projects to make handmade coasters, napkins, wreathes, etc. Here is her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6004909
My friend Emily was a stitcher when I met her, but her true calling lies in haberdashery. Here is her Etsy shop for all your headdressing needs: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6198325
Joyce was an actor in The Pajama Game at TriArts Sharon Playhouse in 2007. She hails from Southfield, MA and here is her jewelry design site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6309492
Also, (it's not Etsy, but) my friend Colleen, also from The Pajama Game at TriArts Sharon Playhouse in 2007, has released a CD. It is amazing. Here's the link to her page on CD Baby: http://cdbaby.com/cd/colleenraney
For those of you itching for updates on my life (Mom), things are... going right now. I spent the last week temping which... suits me, I think. I've got SM two gigs on the horizon (in MKE and DC) and resumes out for afterward. And on the personal front, I'm doing very well. I have been enjoying cooking with and for my "new" roommate. I've been able, for the first time in a long time, to eat well without going out and spending boatloads of money. It's also the first time I've truly used my kitchen to its full potential. In particular, I've enjoyed making a weekly Sunday brunch with Amanda and Suzanne, and with guests periodically (Justin & Caitlin in Nov., Neil last week, and Mandy tomorrow...). I do worry that staying in and enjoying the company of my friends in the comfort of my home can isolate me and give me antisocial tendencies, but I did manage to meet some new people this week, and had a pleasant coffee date this morning.
Other than that, the snow is voluminous (and all we can seem to talk about aside from our insane Governor). It will quickly turn black, icy, and ugly, but tonight it is pristine and more lovely than I can describe. It was so still and beautiful when I walked to the store earlier, like the entire universe was pausing to appreciate the beauty of the freshly fallen snow. Sigh.
The trouble with putting my iPod on shuffle is that each song reminds me of something particular. Earlier, "Fourth" made me think of Vinnie. And Court. "Shout" made me want to ride in a convertible with my father. "Gopher Mambo" makes me nostalgic for cybin's sound design of On The Verge in 2002.
So envious for the snow...
ReplyDeleteIn the last year I got to really enjoy cooking again. Yes, you don't get out as much, but the upside is you can throw fabulous food-centered get togethers for a lot less than going out for elaborate dinners. I like a healthy combination of both. :)