Sunday, January 04, 2009

...And in with the new

In my new year and (optimistic) mindset, I'm enjoying the supportive network of friends and family I have as well as the plethora of job opportunities that seem to be coming up right now, and I'm also providing support for some friends who need it in their times of need.

2008 was a very challenging year for me, and while I am grateful for all that I experienced and how all of it didn't kill me but made me stronger, I am glad it is over. The economy sucks, and I'm not expecting the job or housing market to turn around any time soon, but I am optimistic that perhaps the worst of it has come and gone for me. Perhaps.

I've registered with a temp agency and that should provide me with more money and a more productive feel for those weeks I am not working in stage management--better than unemployment anyway.

I'm also reconnecting with old friends in so many ways (but mostly through facebook). It's been amazing, especially considering I had to miss the reunion last fall. Also, I'm enormously thankful for my family. My parents, Vinnie, and Sarah have been so supportive, and my aunts, uncles, grandmother, and cousins, have been equally supportive, though on a necessarily less-intense level.

Last year, I couldn't decide if 2007 was the best year ever or the worst. This year I am significantly more decisive. All things considered, 2008 was bad in more ways than it was good. Fortunately, there were some good things I can tuck away and remember in years to come, but overall, it was pretty hard on me, and I'm glad it's over.

To the new year, to the election and the new administration. To new endeavors and experiences. To old friends and steadfast family. To the future, yours and mine.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment