The rest of my trip to Virginia was lovely. On Friday I got to meet 3-month-old Leah Grace whose mother is one of my best friends from high school. I also was blessed that my 21-year-old cousin Persie came down for a very short visit. I hadn't seen her in almost 3 years. On Saturday I spent some time with 3-month-old Fiona Grace and her lovely parents before watching a movie with my parents and having the amazing PACC fried oysters for dinner. Sunday I got to meet Sydney, a fairly blonde golden retriever, when Ron came over to go running with my dad (and of course, I saw Ron). I also had a short visit with Aunt Laura and Uncle Tom and an even shorter visit with "Uncle" Fred and "Aunt" Jackie where they force-fed me cookies! My parents and grandmother took me to the airport and when I discovered my flight was delayed they drove back and we had dinner at Phillips. Seafood three nights in a row (or 4 out of 5 nights last week). Twist my arm. Anyway, it was pretty nice that the delayed flight was a blessing rather than a super inconvenience. It wasn't as cold as I was expecting and the commute from the airport flew by because I was reading a very very funny book on the train. And an additional bonus was the plethora of Christmas cards I got to open when I returned.
Today I've been running errands and crossing things off (and adding to) my to-do list. It seems like more opportunities are showing up on the job sites I check, and I continue to be optimistic for the future even though the present is fairly grim.
In the meantime, I want to share with you something lovely that I saw this morning. Thank you Colleen for sharing this with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment