Sunday, December 21, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

There is a picture which has been hanging on the wall of my room in VB for as long as I can remember. It is a green, red, orange, and yellow rainbow and underneath is a sentence in cursive script which I couldn't read at first. I remember I was very excited when I learned cursive in 3rd grade and was finally able to read it. It says, "If you are being run out of town get in front of the crowd... and make it look like a parade..."

Last night we (sort of) roasted my cousin in honor of his 30th birthday earlier this month. Stories were told; laughter and love were all around. And we screened a home movie from Labor Day 1989 which also provoked laughter and love. It was so sweet to see the five cousins putting on a show for our parents and grandparents for what none of us knew at the time would be our grandfather's last Labor Day.

There's no place like home for the holidays, and there's no place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment