I've been sending out a lot of resumes over the past few months. I recently generated an excel spreadsheet with which to track my job hunting: what websites are most productive, what companies send replies, which companies as for interviews, etc. After I get a definite no email, I modify the font with strikethrough formatting, so I know it's out of the running. It's still in the early stages, but I hope to follow trends with this document in the future. Also, it will come in handy if IDES ever wants to track my job hunt.
Today, I got a phone call from a place I've worked in the past (but have not sent a resume this season) informing me that they will not be able to afford to hire me back. Rejection without even an attempt at employment.
I am so over this economy.
No comments:
Post a Comment