Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

Monday and today have been both productive and fun. I'm purposely keeping busy. "Dive into work, drive the other way." As I said Sunday, I'm thinking in song lyrics.

Monday I got a lot of paperwork done for the Hunchback tour. Contact Sheets, Schedules, Company Management-type information for the cast. I also finally had time to update the preset checklist.

Monday night I went over to Andrea and Roy's apartment for poker with them and Roy's friend Lionel, in town from Israel. Not only did I have a fun 2 1/2 hours of some good card playing with good company, but I also almost tripled my $20 buy in, walking out the door with $56.50.

Today I finally got the last of the dishes from Friday and Saturday done and put away. I met Jamie and Andrea at Qdoba for lunch downtown in honor of Andrea's birthday. Then I headed over to Redmoon Central for a meeting with Misha, my sound designer. We renamed the cues in QLab and then tried and tried to copy the target directory unsuccessfully. We finally got all the necessary files onto Misha's laptop and then saved it all as a bundle, and then tried to get the G5 to recognize the targets, but no dice.

Fortunately, when I got home and tried it on my machine, I was able to get it to work by accessing the parent directory, not the target directory. I have a saying, "The trick is to be smarter than the (thing that's giving you trouble)" so today, I would say the trick is to be smarter than QLab. and I am!

Tonight, Neil came over and we packed a modest picnic of carrots, hummos, and pita chips, as well as a honeycrisp apple and a wedge of pesto gouda that I sliced. We walked down to the lake and sat to watch/listen to the full moon fire dance and drum circle for a few hours. It was beautiful to see the moon high over the lake, lighting the scattered clouds, and watch the many many dancers take turns in the circle with their different styles and skills. Then we came back to watch the "Once More With Feeling" episode of Buffy, which Neil had never seen and which I'd been telling him we should watch since the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment