Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wowza

Gee I sure dropped the ball on the blogging this summer.

So, since we last met, I teched and opened The Full Monty. Tech was a challenge, but we made it through, and though it took a couple shows to get going, the run of Monty was rather smooth and quite well received. I love love loved my cast and crew, and we had some good times, some good parties, a BBQ, etc. The show only closed three days ago, and I miss it already!

But we're on to new projects! I'm knee-deep in Aida rehearsals. The cast only has a handful of people I know from previous shows, but I'm very excited about them--they look and sound amazing, and it's only Day 4!

In other news, I'm having a wonderful summer despite some technical gliches. I love the people I'm working with, and I've started sort of seeing this boy. It's still quite new and undefined, but I really like him, so every day is like sunshine and roses and song lyrics!

Also, I just signed and sent back a contract for my first New York job. It's a remount of my show Hunchback with Chicago's Redmoon Theater from last fall, with the same director and cast save one, but it'll be in New York for three weeks this fall. I'm so very very excited about it! If you're going to be in the city between Oct 19 and Nov 10, check back for more info or shoot me an email.

So yeah, I suppose that's all for now. The rest of the crew around here is neck-deep in Camelot tech. I've been stopping by as often as I can because I do love attending other people's tech rehearsals, but I definitely feel on the outskirts right now. They all keep telling me that they miss me, and I miss them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment