So, here's a brief update...
Rehearsals for Aida went alarmingly well. We got 4 very smooth run-thrus in the week before tech, we even shortened rehearsal days so as not to wear people out or peak too soon. Tech for Aida went alarmingly well. We teched the entire show in under 10 hours. We had the luxury of a quick change rehearsal, and we got a full dress run in on Sunday night before adding the orchestra on Tuesday. Both dress rehearsals went very smoothly, and we had a great opening night.
But then a lot of little things started to go wrong... the past couple weeks have not been the relaxing show call schedule I have come to expect after a show opens. And on top of things going wrong, the production manager and technical director were out of town for the first weekend after opening. Then I found out the technical director quit. And on top of these things I have been training my assistant to take over for me because in my contract I agreed to train her to cover this Saturday because my boss is getting married. And, as if that wasn't enough, I'm also in full swing for rehearsals (which may be slightly more irregular, but are equally as time-consuming) for the final show of the season which techs 3 days after we close this Sunday.
I feel stretched. Overworked and under-appreciated. I don't fault anyone for it, but it's how I feel.
But I did have a good visit with my parents last weekend. They saw my show, took me out to dinner and breakfast and lunch. They were nice to my new boyfriend when they met him.
And then I met his parents two days ago on my day off. And they were nice to me, so all seems right in the universe.
My parents flew out to CA after visiting me, to visit with V & S, friends, and other family members. And apparently they missed me so much at Disneyland, they could have sworn I was right there with them! (This picture makes me happy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment