Sunday, February 17, 2008

Night Owl

For as long as I can remember, I've been a night owl. Even sophomore year in high school, I was reading Siddhartha at 5am, pausing for a short walk to the 7-11 in my PJs when I got tired.

Now that my brother is on the west coast, it's probably worse. If I'm up at 1am, it's only 11pm where he is, so we chat, and that's how we keep in touch, and that's ok.

Tonight, I thought I was hosting Game Night (the very same Game Night that didn't happen on Thurs), but 2 hours later was cancelled on again. This time, at least it wasn't Valentines Day and I had already planned a double feature: Mean Girls on ABCFam and Coyote Ugly on Oxygen. My movienight was supplemented by many rounds of solitaire on my freshly wiped-down coffee table.

Afterward, I mixed a Raspberry Smirnoff and Lemonade (not bad!) and chatted with a friend on iChat (which recognizes "/me"!) while catching up on my friends' blogs now that I've moved the links over to Camino, my new browser (Cat, Colleen, Annie, Jane, and Ian), and listening to my 3 playlist on iTunes (music with a 3/4 or 6/8 time signature). Yes, I'm a dork. I know.

Something to ponder: I'm a pretty experienced stage manager, but I can't get a job in opera because I don't have opera experience. But how do I get opera experience without a job in opera?

3 comments:

  1. From one night owl to another, I can't believe Siddhartha didn't knock you right out! I mean I stayed up all night senior year of high school reading The Fountainhead, but had one hell of a time with Siddhartha...sheesh.

    My friend Stormy is an opera SM, if you would like me to introduce you, she is fantastic and would be helpful answering your question.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog! I hope the Ian you mentioned is me. ;) I saw your recent comment and it made my day!! Oh and happy un-birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I've never had to read The Fountainhead, but it looms on my bookshelf. Siddhartha threatened to knock me out--that's why I had to take walks in the middle of it. And for the record, none of it stuck--I didn't do so well on the quiz at 8:30am the following day. And yes, I'd love to meet your friend Stormy (I'd also like a cool nickname--see what you can do about that, please).


    Ian! Of course it was you! And thanks for the unbirthday wishes. :) In a followup to your snow in Tokyo blog, there are flurries right now and it's sunny. It's a little odd, but really pretty.

    ReplyDelete