Yesterday and today have been pretty quiet. I had a good visit with my friend Robyn yesterday afternoon/evening. I hadn't seen her since January 21st. It was going to be just coffee at 4pm, but instead we had a late lunch, went antiquing, and then hung out at my house until 9:30pm. It was a lovely visit: we talked about work, politics, men, education, etc.
It was a little warmer today, so I took out the trash and drove the pile of recycling (which had grown to the height of a small child) to the drop off site. (My building is ineligible for curbside pickup from Streets and San because we have 4 floors of residency.) I also did two (2) loads of laundry. Move over, Suzy Homemaker. I find it remarkable how little I actually accomplish when I have plenty of time. I am significantly more productive and efficient when I'm busy. I think that's why I like rehearsals and tech. When I'm unemployed I suddenly lose the ability to multitask.
I have new upstairs neighbors. The closing was yesterday, and I heard footsteps last night, but I haven't heard them yet today. I'll continue to keep an ear out--I would like to introduce myself.
Now I'm going to thaw some spaghetti sauce, boil up some pasta for dinner, and sweep and swiffer the floors.
No comments:
Post a Comment