I sort of had a crap week, but here are a few things to be happy about:
1. I will be getting a tax refund this year! This is always good news.
2. I talked to my folks for an hour today--Mom saw Sid at the polling place on Tuesday. Sid was a friend of my brother's in high school. She also saw the mother of my elementary and middle school friend Sarah. And this morning at church, she saw my friends Sarah and Emily who are sisters. They all seem to be doing well.
3. I talked to my grandmother today and thanked her for the Valentine's Day card she sent me.
4. I talked to my aunt and uncle today and we are excited to see each other this week, though Ski Boot Camp won't be the same without Chris and Elysia..
5. I'm really enjoying The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde. It makes me laugh out loud while reading (in much the same way the HP books made me do which prompted Jenny to make fun of me).
6. Even though "game night" this afternoon didn't happen (yet again), the Hand and Foot girls came over tonight and we played 4 rounds of cards. We hadn't played in 4 weeks, since before I went to Milwaukee and Jamie went to NY. And my team won by over 2,000 points!
7. I discovered that I can sweep my area rugs (since I can't seem to make my vacuum work and don't want to bring it in), so that along with the lightbulb I replaced over the table, has vastly improved the aesthetic of my kitchen.
8. I finally like the length of my hair. I decided at some point last summer to grow it out, and it's felt awkward to me since October. It still has some growing to do, but it's past the point where I want to cut it all off.
9. Mean Girls was on TV last night. :) "...and there's a 30% chance that it's already raining."
10. URP alumni John and Jamie R. had their first baby, Cooper Warren, today! I sort of can't believe Jamie took the time to change her facebook status to "Jamie is in labor!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment