The electricians have taken to calling this year's Nutcracker A New Hope. (Past titles include: Attack of the Sugar Plums, Revenge of the Tree Angels, The Mouse King Strikes Back, etc.) I think A New Hope is apropos particularly because we will not fit in Fayetteville. The stage is half the depth of our set, we're cutting the balloon. There is dressing room space for 40 and I have 49 dancers, 8 artistic, 13 production, 2 company managers and a physical therapist, not to mention the locals (orchestra, choir, children's cast). So I think the title is good for morale, just like the trampoline Katherine & I have set outside our office so people can leap off it as they walk by.
I've done what I can to update the paperwork--I'm still waiting on a few things for the Rep program in Minneapolis, but for the most part, I'm ready to put it on its feet. What I'm terrified of is learning to call it. There aren't enough hours in the day at the studio and I really don't want to bring it home this weekend. I haven't even looked at Act II yet!
Tonight, Marianne & I watched The Graduate while I worked on that baby blanket for Andrea I've been putting off and she worked on label tags for the costumes. And we had baked brie and pinot noir for dinner.
"It's" gets an apostrophe only when it is a combination of "it" and "is." Thought you knew.
ReplyDeletethat's what happens when I think faster than I can type. the fingers just have a mind of their own.
ReplyDelete