Thursday, November 10, 2005

I don't like this game

Okay, I'm going to try to make this quick because I have stuff to do and I don't want to dwell on it but I want to put it out there in the hopes that I'll feel better after I do.

Things are not going well. I'm having a hard time balancing all the day-to-day running of the studio (ordering office supplies, replenishing hand soap, drinking cups, etc., taking roll at the top of every rehearsal and making sure they have the props they need, receiving UPS and FedEx deliveries, copying videos, and the like) with the updating and generating paperwork for 4 venues of Nutcracker plus a rep show in Minneapolis (for which I just got a new lineset roster tonight) as well as learning the calling score for this bad boy. I am not slated to call Act II until Detroit or the full show until Chicago, (which are three and five weeks away yet, respectively), so I've only been through it twice (and I'm not even close to doing it without rewinding the video many times during the transitions), but Katherine told me today she wants to go through it with me tomorrow. Tomorrow! So instead of relaxing tonight (which is what my neck, shoulders and back are begging me to do), I'm about to sit down for what could be 6 hours of studying. (I say 6 because I'd love to call it through twice before I do it with her, and I don't think that'll happen the first time.)

It would seem that the honeymoon period is over, and that makes me sad. :(

On a side note, I really like Charthel. I think she's a very sweet lady.

1 comment:

  1. That's why you get paid those big union bucks...too bad about the work at home thing though...

    ReplyDelete