Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Haul out the Holly

Okay, I'm feeling a little behind the eight ball, and I know it's not even TG yet (or maybe because it felt like this past weekend was TG) so how could I even expect to be done with my Christmas shopping, but I know that if I don't get it done this weekend, it's not happening til January. My master carpenter is putting up his outside decorations a full week before TG because his first day off after that is Dec. 19. I have the 12th off, but that's cutting it close. I need to be shipping things by the 12th, not buying them then. Besides, I don't want to be burdened with shopping when I go to the Mall of America on my day off in Minneapolis--I want to ride the roller coaster!

Katherine said today she's not buying Christmas presents this year. I doubt I'd be able to get away with that, and I'd certainly never forgive myself. I'm going to start writing Christmas cards tomorrow. (Renee, can you email me your new address?)

Also, I watched The Nutcracker today. This one is really unified--the story follows through a lot more than I remember last year's. It really is sort of magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment