Saturday, November 12, 2005

A New Hope, Part II

Thursday night, after going through the calling score with the video, I cleaned the entire apartment. Marianne thought I was crazy, but I explained that with everything going on, it was the only thing I felt I had control over and I needed to maintain that. In a similar way, I cleaned the dancers lounge after work Friday. Their refrigerator was disgusting!

My test with Katherine only entailed Act I (because the two of us can never sit still for more than an hour anyway), and it was very clear to me while we were going through it what I need to work on, so when she gave me my notes, I was already prepared. However, I was also really tired and already frustrated with myself, so I had a minor breakdown and she reassured me that I still have lots of time to practice and it's a hard show--that's why she pushed me to start now. She was very understanding, but I still felt like crap.

But then the day picked up: I was invited to a bridal shower for one of my dancers, I got my tourbook and itinerary, and Marianne, her friend Jody who's staying with us this weekend, and I went to this little Italian restaurant for dinner where I had farfalle with braised duck and wild mushrooms. It was so good!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment