Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chi-town Rap

While strolling through Millenium Park yesterday, J and I came across the Poetry Hot Dog Cart. Like nothing I'd ever seen before, there were two men "taking orders" from passersby and 5 or 6 folks writing made-to-order poems. I ordered a "Chi-town rap" with "Cheese globs" and "zesty pesto." It was pretty awesome!

Amy came to dinner with us at Francesca's on Taylor and the three of us went to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry which was very very cool (except for the annoying crowds of people and the fact that it was 1:30am by the time we left.

Today, after yoga, we went to the loop but upon seeing the line out the Art Insitute, decided to go to the Jazz Fest in Grant Park instead. We listened to some music for a little then walked down to the Field Museum where we walked past the T Rex named Sue on our way to the gift shop so J could get a gift for the friends who drove her from Ann Arbor.

Also today, my father ran a half-marathon in 2 hours and 38 minutes. I am so impressed! That's about how long Swan Lake was. And I thought 90-min of Bikram Yoga was hard. Congrats Dad and Mary Kay! Woo Hoo!

I'm doing laundry right now but I don't think I'm going to get the cleaning done tonight. Which means I have to clean after yoga tomorrow, but then I have the whole day off to recover from the action-packed and event-filled super-fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment