Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Oak Park

Can I just say that I am in love with Oak Park? I took the Green Line out this afternoon and in the fifteen minutes it took me to walk to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, I had fallen. The homes are mostly Victorian with big porches and front yards. The streets are quiet, even the apartments/condos look gorgeous! (And not a For Rent sign to be seen.) In another life, I want to buy a house in Oak Park. Like, when I win the lottery or become suddenly independently wealthy or something.

So, I had a ball at the Wright house. I love his attention to detail in the woodwork and the art glass in particular.

And then I hit the Ernest Hemingway museum which was interesting in content, but unimpressive in execution (corrections to the placards were hand-written). Though, I did feel compelled to buy a copy of A Farewell to Arms after my visit.

And I rounded out my excursion to the western suburbs, I stopped into a cute cafe for a strawberry banana smoothie. :)

Have I mentioned that I love this city?

No comments:

Post a Comment