Saturday, August 06, 2005

Rounding out the week

I saw some very adorable neighborhoods (particularly Roscoe Village) on Thursday afternoon and I looked at some apartments for rent. Unfortunately since I have so much time to shop around for apts, I'm not feeling any sense of urgency to jump at any of them yet. I actually spent a lot more time just walking around the streets rather than looking at apartments, so by 4:30 I was exhausted and came home. But it was very cool when I ran into Mandy at the Whole Foods. She said, "You officially live here--you're running into people you know at the grocery store." :)

Food: I had lunch at a Guatemalan restaurant on Roscoe St. It was super cute and my tamales only cost $5 (with tip!). At Whole Foods, I bought some snacky stuff: you know, standard stuff like dried mangoes and almond butter. (how cool is that!?)

And on Friday, I went to a meeting at the studio to introduce the company to the new building and get my proximity card for the elevator. I met a lot of people and I even remember some of their names! Then the boss & I got salads at Cosi and ate them in the lounge before I took the train home, went to the grocery store, came home and read/watched TV, etc. I called Amy to see if she wanted to go out last night, but she couldn't. So we made plans to go to Market Days today after she's done with work around 2. The rest of my night was spent multi-tasking: talking on the phone, watching Fight Club and doing my nails.

And now it's time for laundry. Wow, I'm boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment