So I've been to yoga three days in a row now, and I feel great! Plus, I've been drinking lots of water--I probably drank 90 oz. of water today. Nevette says when starting out, I should go 6 times a week for 6 weeks, but I'm not sure if my schedule will allow for that which is why I'm going a lot right now. Actually, as I told my roommate when I got home, I'm totally self-centered and what I really love about it is that I get to stare at myself in the mirror for 90 minutes. Plus, the feeling after class is somehow a perfect balance of warmed up and ready to go with completely and utterly relaxed. Now I know why people say yoga is addictive.
In other news, I'm making good progress on my enormous side project at work--I've taught myself to use Microsoft Access to create a database for the video archive, and today I figured out how to tackle data entry: start from scratch. There are so many incomplete records at this point that I can't start from the old hard copy. This may seem like a crappy place to start, and indeed it is, but coming to the conclusion was a revelation. Also a revelation was Friday when I figured out that I only need two tables for data entry as opposed to one master and one for each of the hundreds of ballets on file. So I entered data from the first 10 or so videos today, bringing the tapes into my office as opposed to the extra step of writing all the info down by hand and then typing it in later--my supervisor said, "Plus, you type so fast," and I added that I type faster than I can write which seemed to really impress her.
And I passed on phone numbers of apartment-showing people to the wardrobe supervisor so she can line up some viewings, so that seems to be moving forward.
Sigh. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment