Friday, July 08, 2005

update and quotes from tech/dress

Quotes from today's tech and dress rehearsal and from tonight's production meeting:

“We built this city on…” – Brett, singing
(interrupting) “I WILL THROW MICE AT YOU!” - Fred

“I’m gonna go screw now.” – Chris

“If you’re gonna screw, keep it clean.”

“I want people to get moist in their seats.” – Erik

“I’m the props mutha-f***in masta. I can mess with whateva I want!” – Erik

“Erik, why are you wiping off baby butts?”

“So, it’s the theatre’s fault for not stopping me from throwing myself recklessly across a chair?” - Michael

Everything is slowly coming together. Tomorrow should be great!

I was worried today that I ruffled some feathers. My backstage right girl is doubling as a carpenter, so she has to work in the shop during dinner breaks, and I needed her back an hour before half hour, so it was all sorts of messy. But it's not really anyone's fault--it seems as though my director is fond of changing the schedule at the last minute, which frustrates us all. I'm actually a little glad my TD was moody about it because then I didn't have to be.

I adore my designers: Erik, my scenic designer, is from Boston. He's done Forever Plaid 8 times in the past 5 years. He's also the props master here for the summer, so I've bonded with him over my crazy props (I counted one day--172 props! My preset list is 3 pages long and growing). He's also a very cool person, and we get along really well. Chris, lighting, is very cool. He's totally laid back and easy to work with. Renee, costumes, is the best possible combination of sweet middle aged lady and Long Island bitch (I overheard her talking to her son on the phone and I would have been terrified of her if she were my mother). Plus, her daughter is a stage manager and she's really excited about introducing her to me! Yay!

And I obviously adore my cast.

So, Friday is Beth Ann (B.A., for short)'s birthday and we're having margaritas tonight to celebrate! And tomorrow we have the opening night party at the ritzy conference resorty place. I ordered stickers for everyone for opening. They're the Euro oval looking ones and they have FP in the middle and then the top part of the oval says "Forever Plaid" and the bottom part says "TriArts 2005." I'm super excited about them!

Okay, I should probably go. My day tomorrow is filling up quickly:
9am - Christmas Light Hanging Party
11am - Ride to Torrington with Erik to buy chiffon and go out to lunch and get drinks
2pm - Pre-pay for my actors' haircuts; buy baby wipes and eyeliner pencil sharpener
3:30-5:30pm - Rehearsal with the boys
6:45pm Call
8pm show
9:30 party!

And I just overheard Mike in the hall say I was skinny. Wow. I've never been called skinny before.

No comments:

Post a Comment