So, last night went pretty well. The show was very well received (hello, standing ovation!) and the boys sang their hearts out. We had a few technical snags (like the lightboard going into park and my board op not having enough experience to know to hit the "stage" button to get back to the right display and ended up jumping a cue so the big speech was in the wrong cue and there was no light shift into the finale). My board op has since told me I'm his hero because I kept my cool during that fiasco and that he'll never slap me again. (This is the Mike I wrote about after the Ghetto Gala.)
My director called me at half hour (he's in NY doing Nanette) and wished me a good show and told me to kiss the boys for him. My response to that was, "Thank you for your permission." I think it was really good for the boys that he called--it reassured them that even though he's not here in person, he was definitely with us in spirit last night.
So, I've had lunch with Erik the past 2 days, and today he paid for me. I don't think we're dating, but it did seem a little weird that he would pay for my lunch. Although, I guess it's not any different than when I go to lunch with one of my girlfriends and we alternate who pays. But I gave him one of my extra drink tickets last night, so I guess he owed me one. The other night, a bunch of us were hanging out on the stage after the production meeting, waiting for Brett to paint and for midnight so we could sing to B.A. for her birthday, and he must have said something, but I hugged Erik and said, "You're just like my brother!" He said, "Three words a guy never wants to hear." So, on the back of the FP sticker I gave him, I wrote, "Three words a man never wants to hear: You're just like my brother. Wanna make out after the show?" He laughed. All week I've been over-using the phrase "make out", both in the context of "No I will not make out with you!" (which I wrote on the back of Chris's sticker) and "I totally want to make out with you right now."
Speaking of last night--the opening party was so much fun, but like Vinnie's wedding, I didn't eat anything after lunchtime and got pretty trashed because when I went to get food at the party, I got distracted making the rounds and talking to everyone. Then Katie drove me back to the dorm and there was more drinking (I don't remember, but apparently, I had some wine once we got here). The other SM, Sarah, started rehearsals today for Annie Get Your Gun, and she was so drunk last night she was breaking dishes in the kitchen at 4am. She also spilled red wine all over her cream-colored pants. I wore the red and black dress Mom sent me with my jacket when I first arrived, and it was a success. I got several compliments on it.
Anyway, I need to print out an updated preset checklist, so I've got to run. Thank goodness for show call!
And I can't wait for Mom and Dad to see this show! They're going to love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment