Thursday, July 07, 2005

10/12

Yesterday was our 10 out of 12. This guest artist contract allows us only one, so yesterday we worked 11am-4pm and 6-11pm (ten out of twelve consecutive hours). It was a long day, but very productive. We're still missing some key elements and some tricks, and we have yet to tech the curtain calls, but we did get a full run in after dinner and we broke early!

There's loads of drama in costume world. The designer and the wardrobe supervisor seem constantly at each other's necks, and it's, unfortunately, become common knowledge. We only have 4 guys and they virtually never leave the stage, so we will not have anyone backstage running wardrobe for this show. But the costume designer overheard the wardrobe girl telling my boys that if they need anything, they should go to her. She was worried about this, so she asked me to tell them if they need anything to come to me, so I did, but the guys being the bunch of crazies they are, said things like, "Like blowjobs?" "Excuse me?" I said. And they said, "I'm sure that's what (the other girl) meant when she said 'If we needed anything.'"

I'm feeling very popular lately--I was invited to cook out with the boys during dinner yesterday as well as my scenic and lighting designers invited me to the Brookside for a drink and my ASM and followspot op invited me to pick up food with them. And I've been getting loads of positive feedback like, "You're really good at your job." It may sound silly, and I'm not really trying to brag, but I've never felt completely confident about running a tech rehearsal until this show, so it's enormously helpful for them to be so complimentary. I always say thank you, but when it was one of my Equity actors yesterday who hugged me in the grocery store and told me that, I felt for the first time that it wasn't just something he was saying. (Forgive me if I take lightly the compliments of the college interns.)

I spent a few minutes last night thinking about what to write in my opening night cards for everyone, and I couldn't decide to go straight or funny. I'm torn between, "It's been great working with you. Thanks for all your hard work." and "No, I will not make out with you! Happy Opening." (an inside joke.)

And I'm not entirely sure yet because I haven't seen all the tricks, but I think my favorite cue to call is into the mambo.

Anyway, we don't start til 1pm today with fog tech, so I'm going to mosey in around 11:30, after I get to the bank and the post office.

Also, it's widely known that I have a crush on one of my actors and I'm in love with all 4 of them (much like the Beatles).

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment