Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tech!

I can't believe I'm taking a few minutes to write here right now since it's tech, but I wanted to post an update.

Things are going well, overall. Some of our lighting tricks (mirror balls, gobos, etc) have not arrived yet, but we had a very productive day yesterday and I think today will move along quite smoothly, too. Everyone seems to be getting along great, which is good--I hate those techs where the scenic designer and the lighting designer are biting each other's heads off. Last night, I called the end of a 5-minute break, and we couldn't find my director. Erik, set and props, joked that he'd gone to the Shell station for coffee, and man, was it funny when he came back 5 minutes later with coffee in hand. (And without asking the rest of us if we wanted any!) The transitions between the wireless handheld mics and the body packs have been going pretty smoothly. And the big backdrop is finally hung at the right height today. (We also finally have the black traveler.)

And I'm not sure what I think of Pamela bringing wine to the production meetings, but she's the executive director, so it's her call, I guess.

And most everyone has been pretty complimentary of me and having all my ducks in a row yesterday, which feels good. The only thing I wish I'd done differently, really, is that after I found out we weren't using half hour to get ready after dinner, I didn't make sure the TD knew, so he lost 30 min he thought he had. :( But I did apologize at least twice, and I intend to again today.

Okay, that's it for now. I need to look over my book before Chris starts pre-cuing the last third of the show.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. you're worried about wine at prod meetings we bring hard liqour to ours :) sounds like things are good. Have fun happy opening

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I'm worried about wine at the meetings, but it tends to make it more like social hour instead of meeting time and at that hour of the night, I want to get through with notes and get the hell out. Actually, Fred feels stronger about that than I do, but I do agree with him.

    ReplyDelete