Sigh.
All week, I felt like the luckiest person in the world because even though I was in the Gallery from noon to 10:30pm every day, I didn't feel like I was "working." Certainly not like "nose to the grindstone" kinda work. Then the weekend hit and the rehearsal times change and we only have a 12-hour turn-around from Friday to Saturday, so rehearsal ended at 10pm Friday and I got caught in a little party in the office til 12, and then I had to be there at 9 the next morning. And Saturday night, I couldn't sleep and ended up reading for an hour and then consoling the wardrobe intern who's having boy issues and only getting 4 hours of sleep that night. So I was exhausted and today, I let myself sleep in til noon and felt rather rested.
Of course, now I'm exhausted again because we went to the Best's house to swim in their pool this afternoon, so we were in the hot and the sun and swimming for 2 1/2 hours, so I'm worn out. But even though I covered myself in sunscreen, I wasn't as careful with my shoulders, and I'm a little pink on the left side. I was going to try to finish the 1st Harry Potter book tonight, but I think I might be too tired at this point.
Oh, and I baked oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie bars today. I usually make cookies, but we only had one cookie sheet and I didn't want to juggle it, so I just made bars and they turned out great. I cut the 9" x 13" tray into 48 pieces and saved half for rehearsal tomorrow. There are only 4 pieces left of what I put out for the dorm, and only because I snagged them for Erik, Fred, Jess and B.A. who aren't back from the movies in Poughkeepsie yet.
Katie and I saw Batman Begins tonight in Millerton. It was really good. I particularly liked the bat imagery and sounds in his first few fights--it was quite effective. I thought Katie Holmes was dumb and unconvincing, and I thought the resolution scenes were cheesey and predictable, but I liked the movie a lot overall. Liam Neeson and Christian Bale were both great. And Gotham city was impressive.
Hopefully this week won't be as long as last week. Mark and Michael are hoping to end early towards the end of the week so the guys don't get too worn out and so they can have more time to themselves to work out what they need to on their own.
We had a photo shoot at the end of rehearsal Sunday for publicity. The guys looked great in their white dinner jackets. I spent most of the time (when I wasn't setting and striking mic stands) talking with the costume designer about how adorable they were. I'm really in a good place with this show, and this company. The executive director sent me an email last night thanking me for my detailed rehearsal notes ("it's the best format I've seen"), and that she loves my "friendly but professional manner." I could see myself applying to work here next summer.
The only thing here that's not idyllic is the music director who's been hitting on us. He actually said "You're hot" to me on Friday and he gives Katie a weird vibe, too. But I'm not really worried because I know Erik, Fred and my cast are looking out for me, and I've already told Jess, B.A., and Katie that if he ever says or does anything backstage to make them uncomfortable, to tell me right away. (Plus, I know if he tried anything with B.A., she'd punch him.)
Anyway, sorry this was sort of scattered, but it's been a long week. I'm gonna read a little and call it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment