This afternoon at sound check, after the boys sang through Scotland one last night (sniff), they were headed off right towards the dressing rooms when I said, "Before you go downstairs, I'd like to do a little song for you." That got their attention and they trooped into the house (along with my crew, the administrator, and the house manager). I was understandably a little nervous, these being 4 very talented singers and me not having sung for an audience in a long long while.
So, I sang "Misty," as Bill requested at the very first sound check. I got through one verse and he was yelling "You're so dreamy!" and applauding. I was under-rehearsed, and my acting sucked, but the song as a whole wasn't bad. When I finished, the boys leapt to their feet and rushed the stage. They hugged me one at a time and showered me with praise, which was very sweet of them. I felt it was the least I could do after all the wonderful music they've given me these past 5 weeks.
And indeed, hearing them sing "Scotland the Brave" tonight and the last line of the play made me a little misty. But I was a good stage manager and I didn't let them see me cry.
I miss them already.
No comments:
Post a Comment