Saturday, July 23, 2005

almost closed

I feel like I'm not the only one in this company who is clinging to each remaining day until we close and say our goodbyes: Starting last week, I've gone out every night after the show with cast, crew, various family members of the above, miscellaneous staff, etc. And the cast and I had lunch at the house manager's house yesterday.

In other news, I've lined up a place to stay for the first 2 months I'm in Chicago. So I won't be homeless--that's good.

But I'm generating a bit of drama here in the "fake world" of the dorm: the Prop Guy was out of town for a week and got back yesterday--we stayed up talking last night, went to lunch today, he came to the bar with us after the show tonight, etc. And the Intern he's no longer involved with is probably plotting my death right now. Several people who work closely with her every day have complained to me about having to hear about me and P.G. all the time (even though there's nothing going on), saying things like, "You two shouldn't be seen together." And I know it was probably a bad idea for me to suggest we hold hands and walk into my room and close the door when we got back from the bar tonight, but it seemed funny at the time. I've made it perfectly clear who I have a crush on and it's not this guy. Besides that, she doesn't have a claim on him anymore--whatever was going on with them is over.

I have lots of stories about funny things my cast members have said (not-so-secret secret crush in particular) in the past few days, but they're probably not funny to anyone but me.

Oh, and my brother drove up and saw my show Wednesday night. Yippeeeee!

I'm looking forward to the party tomorrow night, and I think there's another one on Sunday. I'm staying in CT Monday to do laundry and get my oil changed before driving West first thing Tuesday.

I already have Post-Show Depression on this project and we're not even closed yet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment