okay, so I know it's bad that I have a crush on one of my actors. And I know it's bad that most of the tech crew knows. But tonight on the way to dinner, my cover was completely blown when one of the tech crew said something in my car while one of the other actors was with us. Until then, I'd kept it away from the cast. So I'm thinking, "wow, my life just got more complicated than was entirely necessary." But, no. That's not even the beginning! Apparently, I'm not the only person in the dorm who's noticed I've been spending a lot of time with the props guy. Indeed, the intern he was kinda sorta involved with last month cornered me in the bathroom tonight with the "I just want to talk to him but he doesn't want to talk to me. I think he'd rather talk to you." line of conversation. I thought I was safe hanging out with him because there wasn't anything going on, but apparently, that doesn't mean there can't be drama.
And I've come to the conclusion I should not work on shows with fog. After the Swan Lake corps slipping on pointe in April and tonight's actor falling head-first into the set because of fog leak onstage, I'm beginning to think I'm cursed when it comes to fog onstage. Thank goodness it was after curtain call that he fell. I heard my SR girl exclaim, "Is he okay?" and then my ASM SL say, "He wants an ice pack," and I was out the booth running to make sure he was alright. As it turned out, he landed on his knee, which will bruise. But we don't think he broke the skin at all. And he was able to walk downstairs, so that worry was unfounded. (I had visions of my ASM and I carrying him to the dressing rooms. That's my worst nightmare: injured actors.) Anyway, he was okay, and I ran into him at the Woodland later and he seemed fine then, too. So, I should be able to sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment