I have spent the last 4 days in Wilmington, NC in a state of pure bliss due partly to the idyllic cape town and partly to the official job offer I got Friday afternoon. That's right, folks, come August, I am headed to the Windy City and union minimums, health benefits, and (hopefully) complete and total independence! I certainly have my work cut out for me with the relocating, but I'm looking forward to this move--probably because I'm hoping it'll be the last move for the next couple of years as opposed to two per like I've been doing since I was 18. I long for an apartment that I can make my own and feel semi-permanent in, that would make the Fab Five proud.
The big items on my list:
Research apartments
Figure out when I have to move my stuff (as it's currently stored on property of my former employer--I expect I'll have to go under cover of darkness to fetch my lamps from the studio and my posessions from the shop)
Fly out and look at apartments
Find apartment
Register my car and myself in Illinois (huzzah!)
Choose a neighborhood (see above re: apartments)
Find a new bank, or find out if my bank is in CHI
There are more things to do, but right now, the most important is sleep. Watching DVDs, putting together jigsaw puzzles, and collecting seashells for 4 days sure can take a lot out of a girl. :)
This is certainly a good year for me to see the country, though: my first ever trip to Michigan, my first drive down the Carolina coast to Wilmington, and I've only seen Chicago from inside the airport(s). I am, as they say, so excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment