I wish I had a lot of liquor right now.
The run this afternoon went very well, and I was feeling great about everything. I had dinner at the Bristol with Janine on the crew and Adrienne and Billy from the orchestra. (By the way, Sarah, Janine and Adrienne both send congrats on YSD.) I thought I was prepared for this evening, I knew we had a little audience, I knew Jack was speaking, I knew we wanted to start on time, etc.
I forgot to check with Billy for the house before I sent Jack out, or he gave me the house way early and I forgot. Either way, I immediately broke into a sweat, and it took me about 20 minutes to cool off. I didn't really screw up anything too badly, but I zoned out during the waltz and thank God my spot ops are used to covering for Mike. I was rushed calling LQ 15, and Terry said he didn't hear it, but he didn't say anything until I gave the standby for 16. I really wanted to cry at that point. After that, I was on top of the show, but still had to remind myself to breathe every now and then and I tried in vain to find the vitamin B-12 I usually keep in my bag during tech. Also, during the shift from the prologue into Act 1, the backdrop got caught on the trellice and had to go out before it could come back in. So when the curtain went up on Act 1, you could see about 5 or 6 feet of the RP screen US of it, really bright blue.
Anyway, I figure, if the superstition is based in any kind of truth, after tonight, we're all going to have a kickass opening tomorrow.
Blargh! And Luciano found a knot in my shoulder this afternoon. :( I'm going to take a de-stressing bath now.
No comments:
Post a Comment