Gloria had a gift certificate (re-gifted from Bruce) for this restaurant she needed to use up, so she invited Scott and I out for lunch today for my birthday tomorrow and for Scott's welcome home from Kosovo. It seemed weird to me at first, the three of us, but we got along great, ate well, and had fun. So, they had a St. Patrick's Day lunch buffet which was soooooo good. I'm not a huge bread eater, but I love Irish soda bread. And the corned beef, cabbage, carrots, shepherd's pie, and Guiness beef stew were all very good. That was almost 3 hours ago and I'm still stuffed. I think lunch buffets are almost more dangerous than dinner buffets. I have no motivation to do anything this afternoon (it doesn't help either that I don't have a line roster to start on a shift plot or light cues to start my calling script or learning the ballet). And the only video Mike and I have is a crappy one, so I can't even watch that. There's nothing to do!
What I really want to do is go get a manicure this afternoon, but I feel guilty for not getting in til 10:30 and then taking 90 min for lunch with Gloria and Scott. If I left now, I could only log 4 hours. Maybe I'll leave at 5 and find a salon before my 7:00 rehearsal...
No comments:
Post a Comment