Thursday, March 17, 2005

crossing fingers

So, the San Francisco job didn't work out--I got a very nice rejection email on Tuesday and I decided to take my hour this afternoon to search all the sites for more jobs. My new favorite place I'm sending a resume to is Millbrook Playhouse in Mill Hall, PA. It's non-AEA (which is good for me), 4 musicals (how fun!), university housing, gym access and meals provided (huzzah!). So, hopefully this one will work out. I know I should have found it and sent a letter 9 days ago, but still, 9 days isn't bad...

And with that, I'm outta here, baby!

2 comments:

  1. Denise,
    Dont do it I tell you dont do it. I know a lot of people who worked there, I;ve heard nothing that's good and the former TD was my college professor who doesnt know jack. I have a good designer friend who worked there where she was at CMU if you get an interview or an offer let me get you in touch with Jen before you take it. No need for a misserable summer if you can avoid it right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee!Thanks for the advice. If they contact me, I will certainly ask you to put me in contact with Jen. I actually thought of you last night because I found Dublin Mudslide flavored Ben & Jerry's and I could swear you had some last year. Also I just figured out the chick FBI agent in NUMB3RS was Natalie on SportsNight. No wonder she looked so familiar!

    Why does it seem like every job I get excited about turns out to reject me or be a dud? (And if you swap the word "guy" for "job", the sentence would still be true.)

    Anyway, good to hear from you and thanks for the advice!

    ~d :)

    ReplyDelete