Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Devolve THIS!

You know that expression, "You look like you were just hit by a bus"? Well, that's how I feel right now. I put in 12 hours today (with only 1/2 an hour break to cram a sandwich down my throat for dinner). The pedometer currently reads 21,156 (which means I walked 9.99 miles today). I drove to and from the Center no fewer than 7 times today. The actual rehearsal wasn't bad. I only called one cue early in Company B. And then there was Devolve. Blarghorafhdmdvhaaghgrumblegrumble! Mike is feeling like the whole thing is out of his control, and I'm just trying to figure out what happened to the fly cues we set up with Marion yesterday, why they didn't happen fast enough tonight, and how I can see if Helen is in place and also if the squares are out while counting to 10 before starting the third section. I also am wishing I had an intern or a PA because I got requests for glow tape on the cages tonight while I was calling and couldn't stop to do it, so it'll have to be done tomorrow, I guess. I mean, you know it's bad when all Mike can say to me as I'm leaving is that he's sorry. He must have said that at least 3 times. I am really going to need liquor after we open this sucker Friday.

Oh, and I think the best part of the day was when I went to change the clock by the callboard at the Center to official time and the woman at the security desk chewed me out. In front of one of my dancers. I tried to explain how everyone goes by our time (the stage crew, the house, the orchestra when we have one) and I couldn't have the dancers thinking that was the right time, but she was having none of it--that clock was the property of the security department and it had the same time (only not really) as their timeclock, and I shouldn't just climb up (on a chair) and take somebody's clock off the wall. I could see this was a battle I was not meant to fight, so I said I was sorry and put it back. Phew! Later on, she asked me what my name was, so I told Mike about the incident just in case it got back.

Anyway, I feel like my legs are going to fall off. And I'm wondering why Bruce had me revise the Swan Lake cast list today if he wants me to wait until Monday before I post and distribute it...

No comments:

Post a Comment