Okay, so after yesterday's frustration, three re-prints of my cue sheets today, and a flyman forgetting which way is up this afternoon (and subsequently hitting one of my dancers with the US border that was supposed to be going out--luckily no one was hurt, but they decided they needed to add a crewman to watch that shift and everyone was all pissy about how much that was going to cost, etc. I'm glad there are other people to argue about those things.), tonight's rehearsal went very smoothly indeed. As soon as they build the cues for Variations Serieuses, I can start calling that with my mic on and maybe I'll get a perfect run in for dress tomorrow night.
I snapped at Dan tonight--I didn't mean to, but while he and Jessica were waiting for Helen, he said something obvious about tomorrow's schedule and I said, "I know how to read the schedule." I immediatly felt bad about it and when I glanced over, he appeared to be offended too, so I said, "Hey," to get his attention, and then "kidding." That didn't come out the way I intended, so I ran over and hugged him and said, "It's been a long week. I shouldn't have said that and I'm sorry." That kinda worked, and then Joe cleared the air by asking me to read the schedule to him, if I was so literate. :)
Oh, yeah, and I think my 21,000+ steps on the pedometer yesterday killed it. That or the battery died. But I don't have a reading for today, though I think it's probably circa 18,000. Not as much as yesterday, but not far off. I'm going to have some tea now and go to bed. I don't have to be in until 10:30am tomorrow!
Have I mentioned that I can't wait for this weekend? All I'm saying is Mom, Dad, Aunt Laura & Uncle Tom better be ready to party!
Hello Deese, I enjoy your blog and think you will find mine enjoyable as well. 1earman.blogspot.com Keep up the good work. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Beo,
ReplyDeleteI looked over your blog this morning, and while I don't follow sports (and therefore don't know who is who and felt sort of lost in those posts), the rest of your blog is indeed, as you said, enjoyable. Thanks for stopping by, and come again soon!
deese :)