Saturday, February 12, 2005

Will you be my Valentine?

Ok, not to gloat or anything because it's totally not a date, but I just made plans with Adam on Monday. So, I can pretend to have a date for Valentine's Day. Wow, that's a first for me! And I really didn't think I was ever going to hear from him again since I wasn't exactly nice to him last time I saw him (in December), and he didn't call back after I called to apologize (on Tuesday). But he called this afternoon, and we caught up. I'm supposed to call him when I get off work Monday, and we're going to hang out. That'll be much better than watching 7th Heaven and Everwood nursing a kahlua-laced hot chocolate by myself!

It's great when you realize your social life no longer resembles that of a leper.

1 comment:

  1. Because I know you all are so interested, my not-date with Adam tonight went well.

    I called him when I got off work and went over to his apartment because he had just woken up from a nap and wasn't quite alert yet. We went to the Twig and Leaf (which is a step down from Steak and Shake or Waffle House--our waiter actually said, "I'm having a shitty Valentines Day.") and then had a couple beers and played 3 games of pool at Dark Star (where I ran into Noel, one of my dancers). I won the first 2 games, but then I scratched on the 8 ball.

    In general, it was a lovely evening. We get along well, and he's good company.

    ReplyDelete