Monday, February 14, 2005

Emigrant Theater

Got an email today from an old college friend. She SMed Waiting for Godot that I ASMed junior year, and she's been out in the "real" world SMing and Directing since she graduated. So, she and 2 friends started this theatre in Minneapolis called Emigrant Theater. It looks quite interesting, and as soon as I can afford to, I'm going to send them a check for $8 (which I just learned will pay for a new draft of a play). I encourage you all to take a look at their site and support them (and all budding theatre arts organizations, especially those which foster the creation of new works).

In the same vein, I checked out the Theatre of a Thousand Juliets website today, and they have a QT video of their workshops which is awesome. They're based in Asheville, NC and are some of the coolest people I've known. Check out the workshop video and give them money. They deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment