This is a real conversation that took place between my grandmother and myself tonight when I called to thank her for the Valentine's Day card and the check she sent me:
Mom-Mom: So what did you do yesterday?
deese: I went to work during the day and last night I hung out with a friend of mine and played pool at a bar.
Mom-Mom: Was it a lady-friend or a man-friend? (And yes, she actually said "man-friend" though I may have added the hyphen.)
deese: It was a man friend.
Mom-Mom: Good. It's about time you started looking for a fellow.
Later in the same conversation, the subject turned to my second cousin Richard's wedding next month:
Mom-Mom: Next is Rosemary.
deese: Yep, she's next.
Mom-Mom: And then you. I only hope I'm around for it.
I hope so, too, but you don't see me holding my breath.
(Note: this is not the first time she's alluded to "hoping to be around" for my wedding, whenever that may be.)
No comments:
Post a Comment