Friday, February 04, 2005

Me Movie

Killing time before NUMB3RS tonight, I flipped on TBS where tonight's (dinner and a) movie is from my own collection. When we were all still in the same city, we would have cousins movie nights which consisted of pizza (often, but not always) 2-hour deliberations at Blockbuster ("I heard that was good." "I've already seen it." "I don't want to see that." "I hated that.") followed by the screening and subsequent teasing me if (a.) I had any hand in the choosing and (b.) the movie in any way sucked. Plunkett & Macleane was the first "Denise Movie." It's been so long, I only remember it by reputation (much like I imagine The Gunbarrel Story has been tinted by time) and by CONSTANT REMINDERS that I suggested it to everyone else, even though they read the box and agreed to it. And I will have you know, I was not the one who picked A Knight's Tale (that was either Chris or Vinnie).

Nevertheless, it's like a car accident--I know it's awful, but I can't look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment