Friday, February 04, 2005

Interview Numero Uno

This afternoon was my first interview for the summer, Illinois Shakespeare Festival.

It went well. And since I currently have no offers, I can see myself taking this job, even though I probably wouldn't be able to pay rent on my current apartment based on what they could pay me. Maybe it's time to start the process of getting out of my lease early.

It would be cool, though, if I got this job. I'd be SM for MacBeth which would run in rep with Twelfth Night and Henry VIII. The production manager I spoke to said he takes care of his staff (like providing food on long tech days when it's hard to get away for meals). The housing sounded sweet, too (fully furnished 4-bedroom/2 bath apt, each room has its own phone line and ethernet port). I'd cross my fingers I wouldn't have to share a bathroom with a sardonic costume designer since that didn't work out so well in Aspen.

And, only 2 1/2 hrs from St. Louis, 5 1/2 hrs from Ann Arbor, 2 hrs from Chicago, 4 1/2 hrs from Louisville. Unfortunately, 15 hrs from Virginia Beach, 13 1/2 hrs from New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment