Last night I baked cupcakes. I've been baking at a rate of approximately 1 recipe per week for the past 5 or 6 weeks, and I've been sharing with my 3 favorite coworkers. Not that I have favorites.
So last night I baked cupcakes from a recipe my dear friend Tammy sent me (that she modified from a basic chocolate cake recipe over a year ago). She's baked them for me twice, but this was my first solo attempt and I think they turned out well.
Of course I intended to share them with my coworkers, but I'm off until tomorrow evening, so I delivered them last night under cover of darkness with little cards signed The Cupcake Fairy.
This turned up on my Audio Intern's Google+ profile this morning and made my day:
Although, I do find it hard to believe she doesn't know the true identity of The Cupcake Fairy.
Update:
I received this email at 1:41pm from one of the other recipients:
Update:
I received this email at 1:41pm from one of the other recipients:
Dear Cupcake Fairy,
These Irish Carbomb cupcakes are, in a word, sublime. Please accept my sincere gratitude for your sweet generosity.
Please extend a hello to Messrs. Guinness and Jameson.
Best regards,
Benjamin Disraeli
Chancellor of the Exchequer
United Kingdom

Better Disraeli than Cromwell.
ReplyDelete