It's that time again...
I'm looking at two short weeks until the academic year begins. Only a couple weeks left having weekends on Saturdays and Sundays, having two days off in a row even. Only two more weeks of this 30ish-hr, 9-5, M-R type summer schedule I've quite gotten used to. I think last weekend was likely my last trip to the beach until Thanksgiving.
Only two more weeks of quiet in the hallways at work, of being able to actually get work done in the office without being needed to unlock a door or troubleshoot a piece of audio equipment.
Only two more weeks of climbing around in the catwalks. Only two more weeks of going to work dressed for recess instead of show.
In general, this has been a pretty great four months: getting stuff done, learning about electrics, bonding with the student helpers and my co-workers, and frankly, I'm sad to see it end.
September always follows August. I don't know why this seems to sneak up and surprise me every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment