Sunday, April 10, 2011

Best Served With Whiskey

I got home from work about 2 hours ago and have spent those 2 hours quite literally going through my budgets and trying to work out how much I can pay down (or off) my credit card while also putting some into savings, paying bills online, reconciling 2 credit accounts, and generating new spread sheets to show in graph form where my money is going each month.

And after that, I looked at the envelope on my coffee table, figured I should open it and did so.

In a second I learned that the last 2 hours of my life had just been wasted, and I will not be able to build up savings and pay down credit cards because my escrow payments just went up by a couple hundred bucks. A month.

I didn't make any formal resolutions this year, but I'm trying not to complain. It's really really hard not to complain about this.

I should have poured some whiskey before I opened that envelope. I imagine news of increased escrow payments is best served with whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment