Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving On Up

Two days after my last post about settling back in, I was offered a job in a different state. I decided to take it, which in turn meant I had to turn down a job I'd verbally accepted and one I'd been offered and was delaying responding about. If you're my facebook friend, you might remember my status from Tuesday, "when it rains, it pours..."

Since then I've been working diligently at the following items on my to do list:
  • cleaning
  • sorting
  • packing
  • spending quality time with friends I likely won't see for a while

This morning my roommates and I hosted a Farewell Brunch. Again. This is the 3rd such event in a 12-month period. It must appear to some of my acquaintances in this city that all I do is have brunch and leave.

As my departure (and packing deadline) approach, I feel more overwhelmed. But I know it'll all work out in the end, and once the work is done, the adventure will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment