Well, well, today we merrily rolled along...
I delayed as much as possible going to the theatre (which was foolish, because I also didn't get coffee until then), but as usually happens, everything got done.
I'm glad I was there as early as I was (I showed up around 1:30 and no one was called until 3) because there was a group we'd told could rehearse in the space at 2:45 and we'd moved and disconnected the portable sound system, so I was able to reconnect it in time.
We have 2 programs for the weekend both of which had final dress tonight. The first was scheduled to begin at 5:45, but we didn't begin until 6:25 due to various things (one of which being the video projectors, and one of which being someone thought it was a good idea to get notes beginning at 4pm which meant I was updating and printing cue sheets round about 6pm). Fortunately, we planned ahead and sent a crew member to get us food at 5, so we did not go 10 hours without food again. Other good news, the program finished at 7:45 and we were ready to start the second program on time at 8. Unfortunately, the first group of dancers were not ready until 8:06. That run finished at 9. We did some notes and fixes, and were out the door by 10.
After last night's fiasco (and that's putting it lightly given the bad experiences we've had at that establishment in the past), we tried out a newish bar. I'm not sure if it was the weather and sitting outside or if it was the service or if it was the good beer selection (Iain's a bit of a beer snob), but we had a great time. I've been eyeing the poster for La Fin du Monde at the liquor store near my house and I finally got to try it tonight. It was delicious.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment